I looked at a copy of Class in Education: Knowledge, pedagogy, subjectivity edited by Deborah Kelsh, Dave Hill and Sheila Macrine yesterday. This is an excellent book in my view, and I urge to buy it and/or get your library to stock it!
Class in Education: Knowledge, pedagogy, subjectivity Edited by Deborah Kelsh, Dave Hill and Sheila Macrine Routledge, London & New York, 2010 ISBN 10: 0-415-45027-6 (hbk) ISBN 10: 0-203-87903-X (ebk)
Foreword: E. SAN JUAN JR.
Introduction: SHEILA MACRINE, DAVE HILL AND DEBORAH KELSH
1. Cultureclass – DEBORAH KELSH
2. Hypohumanities – TERESA L. EBERT AND MAS’UD ZAVARZADEH
3. Persistent inequities, obfuscating explanations: reinforcing the lost centrality of class in Indian education debates – RAVI KUMAR
4. Class, “race” and state in post-apartheid education – ENVER MOTALA AND SALIM VALLY
5. Racism and Islamophobia in post 7/7 Britain: Critical Race Theory, (xeno-)racialization, empire and education – a Marxist analysis – MIKE COLE AND ALPESH MAISURIA
6. Marxism, critical realism and class: implications for a socialist pedagogy – GRANT BANFIELD
7. Globalization, class, and the social studies curriculum – E. WAYNE ROSS AND GREG QUEEN
8. Class: the base of all reading – ROBERT FAIVRE
Afterword: the contradictions of class and the praxis of becoming – PETER McLAREN
I am a Visiting Fellow in the College of Social Science at the University of Lincoln. I was previously a Visiting Scholar in the Department of Education at Anglia Ruskin University (2014-15). Prior to that, I was previously a Senior Lecturer in Education Studies at the University of Northampton. My interests are in Marxist educational theory, the future of the human and social time. The Rikowski family web site, The Flow of Ideas can be found at: http://www.flowideas.co.uk,
My Wordpress blog, 'All that is Solid for Glenn Rikowski' is at: http://rikowski.wordpress.com,
Glenn Rikowski @ Academia: http://independent.academia.edu/GlennRikowski